Welcome to the Community Sailing School @ Pistakee. It is our honor and privilege to be able to serve the Chain O'Lakes community as sailing ambassadors. As stated in our Bylaws, our purpose is to conduct and deliver educational programs focused on sailing, the nautical arts, science, technology, engineering, math, conservation and ecology. Our mission is to serve the Chain O'Lakes area as a Regional Learning Center. We strive to achieve and maintain the six core values that guide our school.
Serving on the Board of Directors is an essential and integral part of our sailing school. The Board members' volunteer service is truly a labor of love. The success of the Community Sailing School @ Pistakee can be attributed to their commitment, dedication and determination toward providing a fun, educational, quality sailing program for our students. We invite our friends and neighbors throughout our community to consider serving on the Board if that is something you would like to do. Please contact us for more details. Thank you!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Kartheiser - Chairman
Tom Kartheiser - Treasurer
Kathleen Winkiel - Secretary
Cortney Kingsley - Director
Kate Kuehn-Habben - Director
Sally Lucke-Elkes - Director
Julie Salvucci - Director
STAY TUNED FOR OUR BYLAWS
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
OUR MINUTES ARE PASSWORD PROTECTED
OUR CORE VALUES
- Inclusion – Any and all members of the community are encouraged and welcome to participate in sailing instruction and any and all functions and events.
- Stewardship – We leverage our natural resources of the Chain O'Lakes as we teach respect and stewardship of these scarce resources.
- Pay It Forward – The Community Sailing School @ Pistakee is a platform to give back to the community for the mutual benefit of all, especially focused on the youth and future generations. We create scholarships which provide the highly unique developmental experience that sailing offers to financially challenged families.
- Personal Development – We teach and enable individual growth, personal responsibility, accountability, teamwork, voluntarism and leadership.
- Safety and Professionalism – We foster and ensure a safe environment, focused on best practices and attention to detail. In practice, we provide professional training and certification for our instructors and staff.
- Collaboration with Learning Organizations – We leverage sailing and related water activities as a medium for strengthening area schools and developing humans to reach their potential. We develop and run STEM initiatives and high school sailing programs, as well as other related educational programs and events for the benefit of our communities. We encourage schools and other learning organizations to partner with us to serve the Chain O'Lakes area as a Regional Learning Center.